Monday 12 March 2012

Grinchy Grinch Grinch

Hello! Welcome! Here's todays blog!

I had my second fitting with Charlie and as you can see the body suit has changed colour. The cut and fitting of the suit has also changed but its not quite so obvious from the photos. Everybody love the green Lycra?? Sexy sexy huh?!

You can't really see from the photo very well but the cut of the body suit is crucial to the rest of the construction. The high arched legs makes the legs look longer and will help shape the Grinch's beer belly when I sew the net padding on (details to follow) and the shape of the sleeve and the way it has been sewn in gives a more rounded shoulder shape.

What happens now I have the bodysuit I hear you ask? Well, I have been shown a technique that was used in the Royal Ballet's Peter Rabbit. It was a technique they used to pad the costumes to make the dancers look like animals. Obviously the costumes needed to be light and they needed to be able to move in it so they used rows and rows of gathered net.

The net is gathered, sewn onto the bodysuit then sculpted into any shape you want!! It's difficult to describe but it won't be long before I will be able to show you.

But for now... I'm just gathering net...








      and gathering...




         




                 and gathering...




















              


                   gathering some more...











                      ...and still gathering!!














Its going to look amazing when its all sewn on and cut into shape - can't wait to show you!! I'll keep you posted!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment