Wednesday 22 February 2012

Unexpected stressful day...

I wasn't initially planning to blog today but recent events have brought me to do so...

So, I was supposed to be doing a head cast tomorrow morning but my lovely lovely model informed me THIS MORNING that he wasn't able to be my model anymore - fab! I went to my tutor, Richard, who I am doing the head cast with and he told me that he had arranged for 20 students from the Rhondda campus to come and watch us do the cast as part of their studies. OH GOD!! Had no choice but to find a model...

I literally had about 10 girls from both second and first years phoning their boyfriends, brothers, housemates, friends, anyone the could think of that was tall, animated, and most of all, willing to have a head cast at 9.30am the next day! I tell you something, I'd never seen so many girls flirt with so many guys before as a method of persuasion - I was impressed!!

Phone call after phone call and text after text these boys made their excuses... then it dawned on me... I didn't need a boy, I needed a woman!! Surely the Grinch doesn't HAVE to be a man?! I'd be covering their face entirely with prosthetics, covering their body in green fur... why couldn't it be a woman?!

Change of plan then - I've got a girl Grinch! Her name's Charlotte as she's up for having a head cast made tomorrow morning and she's always around the college which will make fittings easier as well!!

After these stressful few hours I needed to calm myself so I had TWO steak bakes and TWO fondant ring donuts from Greggs - calories don't count when you're stressed!! Then after my sugar levels had gone up and my stress levels had come down it was time to go to town to pick up a few last minute bits a bobs for the casting tomorrow... Buying two large tubs of vaseline, a pair of rubber gloves, a 50M roll of cling film, a packet of 100 straws and a 15L bucket, needless to say I got some very odd looks...

Aaaah well!! All in a days work! HEAD CAST TOMORROW FOLKS!! I'll keep you posted x

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy, busy, All sounding good positive stuff Mr C. If you have any vaseline and cling film left, I can happily take it off your hands!! m'wah ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete