Thursday 19 April 2012

Polka Dots EVERYWHERE!!

So over the last few days the Grinch has taken a back seat and I've been concentrating on Cindy Lou. I showed you pictures of the toiles I made and here is the final costume in progress!                    







Alas, she is currently sleeveless.

The bodice is just a basic child's block and the skirt is pleated on the stand: 4 double box pleats at the front, back and either sides as well as 4 single box pleats in between each double on.







Take a little look underneath...

How pretty does that look!? Its a three layer 1950s style net petticoat that I have bound off with red cotton binding. The binding ALONE took me four and a half hours but doesn't it look awesome!!
I'm secretly hoping that I will have this dress almost completely finished tomorrow - if not on Saturday - so that I can then concentrate completely on the Grinch! Deadlines a-looming! 2 weeks and 4 days! Scary stuff.







I know its quite a short blog but Cindy isn't as interesting as the Grinch... She's much prettier though. So, until next time folks, look after yourselves and each other ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment